Swirl is seeking a Director of Biddable Media to help us continue to strategically build out our already quickly growing Biddable team within our Media department. The Director of Biddable Media should have a proven track record of leading/building teams, collaborating and educating cross-departments, and creating strong client relationships that yield new business opportunities for the agency. The role requires someone who can provide thought leadership from a high level, but also jump into the weeds day-to-day to assist the current close-knit team, continuing to train them and leading by example. He/She should be well-versed in programmatic, paid social, SEO, and SEM, maintaining a deep understanding of planning, technology, and measurement across all biddable channels. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving Media team currently committed to growing out its Biddable practice for our top tier clients. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Media team at large, Finance, Account Management, Creative, Production and Tech to provide effective, creative solutions to client needs. Develop rapport with all internal teams and help educate on best Biddable and digital media practices/industry trends.
- Quickly identify business requirements and develop strategies that are unified through planning, technology, and measurement.
- Oversee forecasting and performance projections for media across programmatic, paid social, SEM and SEO, ensuring strategic alignment against overall performance objectives. Collaborate with Analytics to ensure monthly and quarterly campaign reporting is tied to valuable insights and optimization recommendations.
- Manage and mentor a team of Senior Biddable Managers, Biddable Managers, and Biddable Specialists who work across all aspects of Biddable on a variety of clients. Help more junior talent achieve their goals by crafting with them a career growth plan within the agency. Conduct one-on-ones as needed with individual team members to ensure their continued growth and that their work is of the highest quality.
- Develop strong, trusting client relationships, helping to mine for new business opportunities; consistently look for ways to expand the Biddable services the agency offers to clients. Partner with Media Directors to formulate digital strategies, including drafting and presenting organic growth opportunities.
- Stay abreast of new developments in digital media and marketplaces specific to current clients, sharing opportunities for brands to use new and emerging technology and tactics.
We’re looking for people with:
- 12+ years experience in digital media and Biddable specifically; agency experience preferred
- Proven track record leading/building teams and mentoring/nurturing more junior media talent
- Ability to develop great rapport internally cross-departments and externally with clients
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills; natural ability to lead and inspire others
- Ability to lead from above, while also able to jump into the day-to-day weeds of the work, leading by example
- Excellent presentation skills
- Resourceful, organized, self-motivated, and productive
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, DocuSign, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Box, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
- A culture of excellence
- Passionate colleagues
- Fair compensation
- Exciting collaborative environment
- A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
- Access to executive leadership
- Autonomy and the room to make decisions
- The runway to maximize your ability
- A great culture for the fun and curious
- Training to continue to improve and grow