Swirl is looking for an eager and collaborative Developer to join our Technology team. The position will report directly to the Director of Technology and will be responsible for owning the development and architecture of client based deliverables, including but not limited to websites, microsites, landing pages, widgets and web-based application systems. The Developer must have refined skills using a variety of developmental languages/platforms. These include but are not limited to CSS3, AngularJS, and jQuery – as well as a variety of frameworks, such as Bootstrap and React. The Developer must also possess expertise in the industry, holding a knowledge of best practices and cross-client functionalities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing department that places a high value on entrepreneurial thinking and proactive ideation. A genuine affinity for and love of the digital space and emerging technologies are imperative, as is a thirst for learning new things.
- Leverage expert knowledge of CSS3, web standards and coding best practices to produce web-ready deliverables based on creative comps and other source files
- Share knowledge of cross-browser AND cross-email-client quirks within the team, and advise visual designers of current best practices and possible options for executing designs within technical limitations
- Identify efficiencies across projects and recommend those to Technical Director and Director of Technology
- Advise and educate members of the interactive creative team, and the agency at-large, on the key areas of web usability and accessibility
- Identify and communicate potential design implementation issues before they become problems that impact production or delivery
- Work with the Technical Director, Product Management and Dev Management team to define and/or perform necessary test procedures to ensure the quality of all deliverables
- Provide input into the creation of internal agency standards for web and online development
- Support Swirl's internal teams as needed with tracking work progress, managing files and assets, and estimating necessary time to perform tasks within your area of expertise
We're looking for people with:
- 1+ years’ experience in tech or related field
- Experience with mobile app development using Apache Cordova/PhoneGap and frameworks such as Ionic and jQuery Mobile
- Experience with commerce backend systems and APIs
- Knowledge of programming for interactivity, timelines, state and logic
- Ability to work at epicenter of agency departments and efficiently communicate needs/next steps to all team members
- Knowledge of design and animate are a bonus
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, DocuSign, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Box, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
- A culture of excellence
- Passionate colleagues
- Fair compensation
- Exciting collaborative environment
- A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
- Access to executive leadership
- Autonomy and the room to make decisions
- The runway to maximize your ability
- A great culture for the fun and curious
- Training to continue to improve and grow