Do you get a little, well, obsessive about the craft of making things look great?
Do you believe that the best ideas can come from a bunch of great creative thinkers thinking together instead of alone?
Do you agree that concepts should work across every medium?
And, most importantly, do you have the skill to make that happen?
Then you might be the right Art Director for our doer culture. Send us your link if you know that you have the chops to dig into ALL aspects of art direction.
AD responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Art Direction for creative executions across a range of media, including digital and traditional realms.
- Ensure all agency creative deliverables are aligned to client strategy.
- Contribute to the creative process in meetings and presentations with internal teams and clients.
- Partner with Production, Account, Tech, and Creative colleagues to ensure on-time and on-brief execution and delivery.
- Even under pressure and while delivering multiple projects, ensure that quality is never compromised.
- Report directly to Creative Director and be able to efficiently provide direction to Designers and Production Artists.
- Measure ideas not only against high creative standards, but also against client business objectives.
- Maintain a holistic view of a brand and all its touch points, and be able create bigger strategic campaigns and platforms that can make an impact on a brand’s business.
- Serve as an agency knowledge bank of emerging trends and best practices in the creative advertising space and within respective client marketplaces.
We're looking for people with:
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related area
- 3-5 years experience in an agency/design studio setting
- Proficiency in Adobe In Design, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Acrobat (knowledge of web design and applications a plus)
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent communication and ability to effectively collaborative with team members
- Resourceful, organized, and self-motivated
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, DocuSign, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Box, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
- A culture of excellence
- Passionate colleagues
- Fair compensation
- Exciting collaborative environment
- A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
- Access to executive leadership
- Autonomy and the room to make decisions
- The runway to maximize your ability
- A great culture for the fun and curious
- Training to continue to improve and grow