Swirl is seeking a Copywriter to join our team, focusing primarily on a large and exceptionally innovative tech account. You should be a gifted storyteller who can collaborate with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Designers, Developers, Producers and other equally talented people to consistently deliver exceptional work across all channels. You will need a mix of traditional and digital experience – knowledge of technology business, a plus. The ideal candidate will work closely with the team to ensure that all written output is aligned with the clients style, tone, and voice guidelines.
Copywriter responsibilities include:
- Write compelling, beautifully constructed copy for a variety of clients and audiences, and across a variety of media.
- Input into the scripting and storyboarding process for film, animation or moving image content or concepts.
- Demonstrate a wide breadth of abilities from long form to calls-to-action to brand manifestos. Able to write with speed, consistency, accuracy and creative flair.
- Even under pressure and while delivering multiple projects, ensure that quality is never compromised.
- Demonstrate excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Able to respond positively to feedback from the client and re-draft copy to meet their comments, while retaining the impact of the copy.
- Able not only to craft copy for the presentation but also develop creative and strategic stories for the presentation.
- Concept and collaborate on overall campaign ideas with a creative team while working on multiple projects.
- Ideate based on simple human truths or observations.
- Measure ideas not only against high creative standards, but also against business objectives.
- Maintain a holistic view of a brand and all its touch points and able create bigger strategic campaigns and platforms that can make an impact on a brand’s business.
We're looking for people with:
- 5+ years’ experience copywriting and concepting across digital and traditional, preferably within an agency environment or directly for an industry-leading brand
- The ability to infuse personality and humor into high quality content on tight deadlines
- Digital/integrated campaign experience with emphasis on branded content
- Portfolio that shows relevant marketing/advertising experience and creative acumen
- Ability to work well on a team and individually
- Effective time management and ability to multitask across a variety of deliverables
Who are we?
Swirl! Founded in 1997, at the epicenter of the digital revolution, Swirl is independently owned and independent in spirit. With headquarters in San Francisco’s majestic Presidio National Park, it’s a full-spectrum ideas agency: advertising, marketing, communications, retail experiences, and brand actions – with an added dimension of a 1,400 acre back yard. We believe: in people first, in collaboration, and in a healthy and passionate culture. We also believe that brand success in the 21st century will be rooted in brand actions and our clients range from national and international brands such as Microsoft Stores, DocuSign, CA Technologies, Juniper Networks, Box, Cool Effect, and Peet's Coffee, to regional favorites, like Walt Disney Family Museum, The Marine Mammal Center, The San Francisco YMCA, and PG&E.
What you can expect from us:
- A culture of excellence
- Passionate colleagues
- Fair compensation
- Exciting collaborative environment
- A forum to have your ideas heard and built upon
- Access to executive leadership
- Autonomy and the room to make decisions
- The runway to maximize your ability
- A great culture for the fun and curious
- Training to continue to improve and grow